Thursday, January 13, 2011

Painting the window sills

damaged windowsills
They really needed attention!

Painting the windowsills does not rank up there with decoupage project but it needed to be done.

with primer
Windows taped, primer applied.

Because the sills were poly'd in a previous life, I had to sand first and then apply primer. In places where I didn't quite get the primer, I can see where it might peel up. I take a wait and see attitude on that. Really, no one is going to pick at the windowsills, right?

This really brightened up the room and my attitude. I've been wondering what to do with the windowsills since they were first damaged. I'm feeling much better about them now!

painted windowsills
Nicely painted! Although it looks white in the photo, it's a nice creamy yellow.

BTW, here's the view out this window with all the snow we got yesterday! (It's hard to photograph through a screen.)

snowy view
White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast 178 Main Street Freeport, Maine 04032

No comments: