Just sitting around wondering what would make another interesting tour for you to try on your next vacation. Yes, of course, the Maine Beer Trail! (Insert dope slap here!) Every state seems to have a winery map, but Maine, gotta love it, has a Beer Trail Map!
Created by the Maine Brewers' Association, the Beer Trail Map takes you all over the state from just across the Piscataqua River in Eliot north to The Forks on the Kennebec River and east to Bar Harbor.
White Cedar Inn is centrally located to 70% of the breweries, brew pubs and restaurants on the map! Of course, we don't suggest going to all of them on the same day!
Let's have a look at some of the breweries on the map:
- Allagash Brewing- Portland, Maine http://www.allagash.com
- Gritty McDuff's- Portland & Freeport, Maine http://www.grittys.com/
- Maine Beer Co- Portland, Maine http://mainebeercompany.com
- Rising Tide Brewing Co- Portland, Maine http://www.risingtidebrewing.com
- DL Geary Brewing Co- Portland, Maine http://www.gearybrewing.com/
- Shipyard Brewing- Portland, Maine http://www.shipyard.com/
- Sea Dog Brewing Co- Topsham, Maine http://www.seadogbrewing.com/
- Sebago Brewing Co- Portland, Maine http://www.sebagobrewing.com/
- The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery- Saco, Maine http://therunofthemill.net/
- Bray's Brewpub & Eatery- Naples, Maine http://www.braysbrewpub.com
- Oak Pond Brewery- Skowhegan, Maine http://www.oakpondbrewery.com/
- Atlantic Brewing Co- Bar Harbor, Maine http://www.atlanticbrewing.com/
- Bar Harbor Brewing Co- Bar Harbor, Maine http://www.barharborbrewing.com/
- Black Bear Brewing- Orono, Maine http://www.blackbearmicrobrew.com/
- Marshall Wharf Brewing Co- Belfast, Maine http://www.marshallwharf.com/
- Penobscot Bay Brewery- Winterport, Maine http://www.winterportwinery.com/brewery.asp
Keep in mind the list above is not all-inclusive. There are smaller breweries around the state, breweries that are not open to the public and breweries that were not around when the map was created. Keep your eyes open and ask around- there are hidden treasures all over the state!
And, if you're thinking about it, this would be a pretty neat gift for the beer-lover in your life. Call us for a gift certificate for a stay and we'll include a copy of the map.
Always remember to taste responsibly!
White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast 178 Main St Freeport, Maine 04032