- Arlberg Sports has moved out of town. That space will be taken over by the Beadin' Path, which moves out of its location, right next door.
- Harry and David is closing.
- Mexicali Blues is expanding and should have the new space open today (May 1).
- Summer Shades is moving in where Sunglass Hut is now. (Sunglass Hut is moving to the new Village Station.)
- Maine Embroidery is moving to the old Wilbur's Chocolates building. (Wilbur's moved last year to its new location a few feet south on Rt 1.)
- Wilbur's is doing tours of the factory on May 1, 9, 23 & 30 from 11 AM - 2 PM ($3, includes samples).
- Morrisons Chowder House is now Freeport Chowder House, same location on Mechanic Street, different owners, different recipe.
- Cumberland Farmers Market in Freeport opens on May 22 (will go until early Oct, every Friday). 2-6 PM. See our blog post about one day at the market last year. At the Town Hall on Main Street. (Town Hall driveway and parking lot will be used, please park on West St.)
- A new art gallery is opening on Main Street. As yet unnamed and no opening date. They'll be in the former Sadie Greens building up by us. (Sadie Green moved last year, right next door to Wicked Whoopies.)
- The 1912 Cafe opened in LL Bean. It is run by the good folks from Buck's Naked BBQ.
- Coach is moving to the new Village Station.
- Cole Haan is renovating their store and will reopen in May with a second entrance right onto the Village Station.
- All this talk about the Village Station reminds me that an actual train station is slated to be built for the arrival next year of the DownEaster, which will continue up from Portland, through Freeport and on to Brunswick.
- A new sidewalk is going in alongside LL Bean on Justin's Way. Very nice for heading to the back parking lots and Discovery Park.
- Bre's 11th birthday is coming up on Mothers Day. Some of you may know that she gets a Ben & Jerry's ice cream on her big day.
- Speaking of birthdays, we're waiting for the arrival of the new granddaughter, she's expected around Mothers Day, but she'll get here when she wants to!
- You can now follow us on Twitter or be a fan on Facebook.
Friday, May 01, 2009
What's new in Freeport
A quick rundown of what's new in town, boy do things change quickly!
Posted by Monica