Friday, May 27, 2011

The Onion Cometh

My science experiment...

Found this onion on the counter, hiding behind the radio. Not exactly sure why it was there, but it was.

When I found it it was growing straight up. I put it on top of this vase to see if it would continue to grow. Well, yes it has, but as you can see it has started to grow 'sideways' so the leaves are always facing up. I'm wondering if I turn it so the leaves are face down, how long will it take to turn completely around again?

Then again, I may just plant it to see what happens. Probably not much other than leaves as it has almost completely used up all the nutrition the original onion contained. It's a mere shell of its former self. Perhaps I will just have some lovely onion tops for garnish!

Stay tuned...

No comments: