Sunday, January 01, 2012

Maine Christmas Bird Counts

Christmas Bird Count Freeport Maine Cardinal
Today (Jan 1) was the day for the Freeport-Brunswick area to complete the Christmas Bird Count. I got a cardinal at Winslow Park. Of course there were a lot of ducks in the water around the park, but because I don't know a wigeon from a widget, suffice it to say they were brown ducks and let it go at that. I really need to go out with someone who knows this stuff!

Of course, I also saw a cockatoo but it was perched on someone's shoulder so I don't think it counts toward the CBC!

Gorgeous day out there, the park was packed. Hope we get a few more like this before the snow comes.

For more information about the Maine Christmas Bird Count (CBC) check out the Maine Audubon website.

Happy New Year! 

White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast 178 Main St Freeport, Maine 04032

No comments: