Saturday, April 16, 2011

They could charge a toll for this road!


Want a little adrenaline rush without having to find a roller coaster or an amusement park? This is the road for you. I wish I could have taken pix as we were headed straight down the 'S' curves to Lake Elsinore, but I was holding on for dear life. And, yes, I was in the car, not on a motorcycle!

There are 7 switchbacks on this road and, in some cases, you could almost meet up with yourself if you were going too fast (you could also meet up with your untimely demise if going too fast!)

This was one turnout of many that were along the road. Just pull over, let the fast drivers zip by and then you can enjoy the ride!

Oh, and don't miss the side of the road grocery store that sells turkey jerky. (Along with the usual beef and some very odd others- ostrich jerky, anyone?) Of course I should have written it down because now I can't find the name of the place. It's the only one on that road, tho.


View Larger Map

No comments: