|LL Bean 100th Anniversary Celebration|
Wow! What a line up for LL Bean's 100th Anniversary Hometown Celebration! July 4-7, 2012.
Wednesday July 4:
- Traditional July 4th Pancake Breakfast at St Jude's from 7-10 AM
- Annual LL Bean July 4th 10k and family fun run 7:30 AM
- Olympic gold medalist Joan Benoit Samuelson shows off her collection of running awards garnered in Freeport throughout the years.
- Annual Freeport July 4th parade along Main St starts at 10 AM
- Ellis Paul at Discovery Park in the afternoon
- Jo Dee Messina at 7:30 PM in Discovery Park
- NO Fireworks tonight. Fireworks on July 7
Thursday July 5:
- Outdoor Discovery schools are all free today!
- Red Sox team member Rico Petrocelli and the Green Monster will be on hand from 5-9 PM.
- Jazz music at Discovery Park in the evening (no time specified)
Friday July 6:
- Olympic gold medalist Seth Wescott joins LL Bean at Morse St School for a day of field games for kids
- Freeport Farmers Market Noon-5 PM
- Maine Academy of Modern Music bands, Jason Spooner and others provide music from 2-9 PM
Saturday July 7:
- Morse Street School fields will be set up with fun activities for kids from 10 AM - 5 PM
- Crafts and food booths will be set up ON Main St 10 AM - 5 PM
- Chris Isaak at 7:30 PM at Discovery Park
- Fireworks after concert
Parking and driving on July 7- Nathan Nye Dr, parts of Main St and Bow St will be closed to vehicular traffic to allow a 'street fair' atmosphere on July 7! In addition to regular parking lots and the parking garage, a shuttle bus will also bring you from the LL Bean offices to downtown every 30 minutes.
To avoid downtown closures, use I-295 Exit 22 if you are going north of Freeport and I-295 Exit 20 if you are going south of Freeport instead of driving on Main St/Rt 1 on July 7.
Don't forget that in honor of LL Bean's commitment to the discovery of outdoor adventure we are giving away a free day use car pass to our guests who stay with us from July 3 through July 7. Hope to see you here during this big celebration!
|Traffic patterns for July 7 Celebration|
White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast 178 Main St Freeport, Maine 04032