Amazing what we can do with time- waste it, buy it, take it, spend it, bide it, kill it, lose it, save it. And time on its own is pretty busy as well- time flies, time waits (for no man), time is a river, time passes, time stands still.
Right now I have a lot of time. I'm on vacation. I don't have to be anywhere or do anything in particular on any kind of schedule. I have a list of tasks I want to accomplish, but no real deadline to accomplish them. At least no pressing deadline.
So, I find I waste a lot of time without a fixed deadline. However, sometimes, I just don't have time to waste! Here, then, a list of 10 tasks I usually put off that really would only take me 5 minutes to accomplish. Maybe you could take 5 minutes and do some of these as well. So, kill some time, waste your time, spend some time, take some time and pass the time looking over the list:
- Write one thank you note.
- Fold one load of laundry.
- Water your plants.
- Stand up and stretch.
- Drink a glass of water. Skip the bottled stuff.
- Write a shopping list.
- Go through the 'medicine cabinet' and toss expired or unused prescriptions. Check here for help on how to dispose of old meds.
- Brush the dog or cat. (Secondary benefit- relaxation!)
- Take something out of the freezer for dinner.
- Go find your kid, spouse, SO, best friend- hug that person and say, 'I love you!'
5 minutes. What are you waiting for? Time's passing!
(Bonus- make your bed! 80% of 'cleaning' a bedroom is making the bed!)
White Cedar Inn Bed and Breakfast 178 Main Street Freeport, Maine 04032